Tuesday 13 January 2009

The Train vs The Car? - Part 2

Perhaps I tempted fate because after the last post because my poor little car has given up on me and doesn't work ....
Now this is partly my fault because I don't lavish the care and attention on it that one should but it is also down to a dodgy mechanic that said "Oh that's fine, we don't have to worry about that". Honestly, sometimes I completely forget I'm a lady - lol ....
Anyways, I managed to get home from work yesterday (Monday) , driving very sedately in case it died on me, but today I have had to rely on lifts and public transport. Getting to work was great - I had a lift in a nice comfortable car. Coming home wasn't so good ...
I had a 20 minute walk from the office to the station (and I had totally the wrong shoes on for walking in puddles - lol), a 10 to 12 mile journey by train, stopping at one stop and costing £3.40, then a wait in the rain and wind for my lift for the last six miles to home.
I have two more days of this - my car is booked in for Friday....
On balance, I think the car is much better for the everyday trips, such as to work and the like (see Gail's comments to my last post re travelling from Swindon to London) for both comfort, speed and cost - but for those days out - the train has to win.
Would everyone who reads this, please spare a thought for my little blue car - that it doesn't have to go to the big garage in the sky .......

1 comment:

RubyMay said...

Fingers crossed for your car to be back on the road again soon Sue. Dont you miss them when they have to go into the garage!