Friday 8 May 2009

It Makes All The Difference ....

To just chill out .....
As the Paper Artsy stamp says - I Don't Feel Like Working Today - and I didn't. I was, at least, honest about it. I rang up and just asked for the day off - not throwing a sickie. They know I'm a bit 'under the weather' (fed up more like) and tired because of what's happening with my mum (she's back in hospital), so there wasn't a problem.
So what did I do?
I popped out and bought a chocolate cake and a pint of milk. Then came back and finished off the year end accounts for my part-time job (the chocolate cake was the reward for doing that - lol). Then I tidied up the house (will clean tomorrow) which made me feel even more better. It was really bugging me coming home from work to all the clutter - wouldn't mind, but there's just me so it's not as if I can blame someone else - lol.
Then I attacked the spare room. First thing was to clear the spare bed of all the piles of this and that - I can now see the duvet - lol. Next, was a huge pile of magazines going back to 2004 - problem was they were all Somerset Studio ( and no, I don't have every single one - I wish ). I simply couldn't bring myself to throw them out and I spent a happy couple of hours leafing through them, munching away on my chocolate cake. I've kept all the Somerset Studio and Inspiration mags; but I've recycled the Somerset Sampler mags, after I had torn out the 'inspirational pictures and articles'. Then there was the huge pile of already torn out 'inspirational pictures and articles'. I was quite ruthless with that and I now have a them all neatly in a lever arch file. Have to say, I found some really great stuff - and I do feel inspired - but I have to clean the house first. Then it's playtime.
So there you have it - my 'legal' last minute day off - I had a great time ......

1 comment:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Sue, you share my love of all things Somerset. I have a big collection of Somerset Memories (shame it is only to be published twice a year now) and I started collecting back issues of its predecessor Legacy. I have a few Somerset Studios and some of their other titles. Very addictive!