Tuesday 29 December 2009

From The Knitting Factory ....

Well - this is good - a day later than I said but still good - lol ....
Here are two items from the Knitting Factory ....
This is a Cape/Poncho ...It's knitted from two strands of Stylecraft Signsture Chunky yarn in Graphite, on massive size 12mm circular needles. The yarn is 50% wool and 50% acrylic and is beautifully soft and warm. It will be great for wearing in the car, 'cos I always find my lovely big winter coat just a tad too big to drive in and ten minutes into the journey, I have to stop and take it off - lol.
I just love these buttons, which measure about 1 1/2" across and cost an obscene £3.95 each !!!!
Still they make quite a statement on the piece and were well worth the money.
Here is the second item - a scarf ....This was intended to a pressie for my daughter, to go with her new coat that her Dad bought her for Christmas. I showed her the ball of yarn and she said yuck - so I'm keeping it for me ....
It's made from one 150g ball of Sirdar yarn called The One Hour Scarf. The yarn is like a chenille and is knitted up in stocking stitch on 10mm needles (and yes, it did take about an hour). Again, it is beautifully soft and at about six feet long, wraps around the neck really nicely.
What's the betting my lovely daughter will say "Ooohh that's nice - can I have it?"
What will I say? Answers on a postcard please .....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You clever girlie you ... well worth the wait me thinks!