Tuesday 5 January 2010

Stamping and Yet More Knitting ....

Over on my other Blog - Sue's 365 of 2010 - Day 3 (Sunday) burbled on about making cards - well I didn't get very far.  I started with my Penny Black cutsey images and made one whole card (which I don't like that much - lol) and a panel for another .....

I then stamped out some Sarah Kay images onto Nesties scalloped ovals and spent a happy time colouring them in with Promarkers.  Just love the Sarah Kay stamps and the Promarkers ....
 
Day 4's photo, posted on Day 5 with the explanation of why it wasn't posted on Day 4 was about the weather but the explanation for not posting was about my knitting - did you follow that - lol.
This is a picture of the current WIP (work in progress) ...

The pattern is called Mathilde and is from a Debbis Bliss pattern book - Winter Essentials.  Mind you by the time I have finished it - it will be for next winter and a pound to a penny my daughter will have pinched it - lol. This is where I am at the moment- not very far .....

I would have been a lot further if it hadn't been that I kept making mistakes in the counting - which will teach me not to knit and watch Daniel Craig at the same time - lol.  I had to undo it twice and there's 278 stitches to the row.  The problem is these parts of the pattern - five 26-stitch diamond patterns with a rope cable up the centre of each diamond.  Added to this, the cables aren't your ordinary basic cables - they are rather fancy and require concentration ....

Got to post a picture of these - my new set of of circular knitting needles.  They are called Addie Click  (a fine example of German precision engineering) and they are very smooth and slick with long tapering points that help you fairly zip along a row - which doesn't help with the concentration/counting thing - lol ....
 
Keep warm everyone ......
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I neeeeeed that work in progress ... love the style and the colour ... so me :0)

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Very impressed with the knitting Sue. Unfortunately I could never knit. "Cow handling a musket" was how my mum described my efforts....