Sunday 28 February 2010

I've Been to Stamperama at Stevenage ....

I shouldn't really have gone, seeing as I'm off to the NEC in a couple of weeks time, but sometimes you just have to, don't you - lol ....  By the way, you can see some piccies of the Journey to Stevenage on my 365 Blog here ....
I had a great time and made loads of naughty purchases ....
 
I got the Spinner in anticipation of my new Distress Inks that are on their way from the lovely Wendy at The Stamp Attic.  Despite the 'I told you so's' from certain quarters, I have not succumbed to Clarity stamps, but I do like their corner stamps and their verses.  I love that punch which gives a border of 'bubbles', and it would have so rude not to have bought anything from Linda Brown at  LB Crafts - so that accounts for the Darkroom Door set (or two - lol) ....
Here's some more .... 
I am still very much in love with the Just Rite stamps that go with the Nestabilities.  The owls and the birds are Twiddly Bitz, again from Linda Brown, which will probably stay in the packet and be stroked - lol.  I very much like the Card Candy from Caraftwork Cards too - that packet of Chocolate Limes at the front is one of a pair.  Mind you the Purple and Silver ones behind it are delish too.
I had a great day out and I even behaved like an absolute loon and walked up to Hels Sheridan while we were both taking the air outside and introduced myself.  She must have thought I was some sort of stalker - lol - but I couldn't let the opportunity go by though.  After all it was reading about her being (a) a train driver - which I thought was totally cool and (b) her having a blog and (c) she was the first person to ever comment on my blog.  So Hels - if you read this - hope your pork chops were OK - lol.
If you haven't seen Hels' Blog - pop over and have a look ...
The other daft thing I did was ask Karen at LB Crafts if she was Linda E - lol (only because I thought she looked like her from the photo of Linda E with Tim Holtz last week).  I was mortified when she said she wasn't and slunk away rather sheepishly.  
Note to Self for the NEC - (a) take advantage of the coat store facility, (b) wear a T-Shirt, (c) carefully consider receptacles to be taken in which to carry purchases and (d) take a 'power' drink ....
Note to Sue and Anita for the NEC - (a) agility training begins NOW in readiness for Clarity onslaught, (b) take up the offer of being let loose the minute we get off the train at BMI for the rush to Clarity and (c) practice reaching across three deep of people politely .....
Off to have a play - hopefully without having to have a Power Nap first - lol ....

1 comment:

Hels Sheridan said...

ROFL hun, it was lovley to meet you...and nope, you aren't a loon... well, not totally anyways LOL Pork chops were yummy thanks...a little later than planned though cos I was supposed to finish at 3pm but loads of peeps wanted to play so it was about 4.30pm by the time I left...and...I didn't get chance to go and have a nosey and spend some £. That has to be the first ever show I didn't spend a penny...literally too LOL
As for the receptacle to take your stash home with from the NEC...how about...a suitcase??? Seriously, I have seen some peeps with them...you could alter it...then pop all the stash in there...and no achy arms! Have a great time up there...shame I won't be going this year...hugs xx