Monday 29 March 2010

Penny Black Meets Wendy Vecchi - And Others - On My Birthday ....

This post is about my most absolute favouritist thing I got from the NEC last weekend.  How's about that for apallingly bad English - lol.  Of all the stuff at the show that you could buy (and buy we did - didn't we girls - lol), this was the thing that really caught my eye and the first thing that I have played with properly .......
This being a Penny Black stamp - Postcard.  With all the stamps that are in my stash - and I have some absolutely beautiful ones - this one is so simple but I think it's that which is bringing it straight in up there with my Studio 490, Tim Holtz, Paper Artsy and JustRite stamps.
This is the first play with them - the front sides .....
And here is the reverse side ....

The top one is from one of the new Flora and Fauna Paper Artsy sets, coloured with Promarkers with a JustRite greeting.  The bottom one is using the Scene It Harbour set and brush markers (methinks I have to practice a bit with the tile and pen - lol)
It would have been so rude not to have introduced Wendy Vecchi to Penny Black wouldn't it - so .....
The front ....
And the back ....
I think these would make a nice change from a 'conventional' card and great just to say hello to someone or wish them luck or to say you're thinking of them - the possibilities are endless .... Mind you - got to sort something out for the 'stamp' ....
It was my birthday today and I had a good time playing with these (in amongst the other things I did, click here to see The Gorgeous One aka Finley William and his contribution to my day - lol) .....
Off now to play with my second most favouritist thing that I got (more dreadful English - sorry - lol) - more about that another time .....

1 comment:

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous postcard...loving that stamp!!!