Saturday 10 July 2010

A Play Day With Rachel - But It's A Secret ....

Today was the day Rachel came to play.  Rachel is my son, Matt's, girlfriend and totally out of the blue a couple of weeks ago, she rang to ask if I could help her on a surprise project she is doing for Matt - a scrapbook of their time together - so far ..... (does this mean a hat, I am asking - lol).  The phone call alone earned her 50 zillion Brownie Points.  
Anyways, today was the day.  She arrived bright and early, about 9.45am and we played all day.  Here she is - gently getting into the swing of things and just loving my Martha Stewart punches ....
Here's the mess we made - in the craft room ....
Moving out onto the landing .....
Into the spare bedroom next door ....
And my newly purchased CatsLife Press stamps from Happy Daze and Scrapz even had to go and recline in the travel cot for a while ......
We did more die cutting than you can shake an Alterations Die at; ripped paper, played with metal and a little bit of ink; made journaling blocks, matted and layered; ooohed and aaaghed over Mrs Vecchi's stamps (she's coming back to play with them) and were creative for the whole time she was here - until 7pm.
And this is what she is making - but shush - don't tell anyone - it's a secret
I myself didn't make anything while she was here (I started something earlier in the day) but I had a great day - thank you Rachel.

No comments: