Sunday 11 July 2010

The Remains of the Day Journal - Part 2 ....

I've been playing with my new Journal again.  Here's the flap over section (hand stitching going on here - lol).  I'm pleased with the way this has turned out because what with the stitching of the fold lines  and the fact that I used two layers of wadding, there was a really iffy bit at each corner of the flap which was causing some angst - but all hidden now - lol  ...
Then came more page making - cutting up envelopes, sheets of K& Co papers that I've had for ever, bits of junk mail and even the front of a box of Red Berries Special K cut up for the words - lol
Then came putting the papers together into signatures - five pages at a time ....
Here they are open at the centre ..... what about that doiley.  Does anyone buy them anymore - lol ....
Before each signature is sewn together, the pages will be decorated.  I've decided to use loads of fabric and sewing in this Journal, rather than stamp, inks and paint.  Got loads of ideas buzzing around in my head, so off to play with the sewing machine ....
More tomorrow .......

1 comment:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Fantastic job Sue. I seem to have lost my mojo and haven't created anything for weeks.