Sunday 19 December 2010

No Pants, Socks or Bath Bubbles Here ....

Hands up those who find Christmas Shopping a pain in the backside or (for some in certain areas of the country) downright difficult.  Both my arms are waving in the air at this point - vigorously.  Those who are super organised, have zillions of ideas on what to buy their nearest and dearest, love shopping - my hat is taken off to you (if I was wearing one that is). 
It's not that I'm a misery guts about Christmas - it's just that I am not a fan.  My kids are grown up (although sometimes I wonder) and gone and lead busy lives.  I myself have a busy working life and usually long for the weekend to put my feet up and have some peace and quiet.  All that fuss for one day (which in my case won't even be spent here) - you have to ask yourself, is it worth it.  I only have to cook a meal for Christmas Eve for Number One son - and that's going to be a Lasagne - so that's sorted.  So I'm let off the cooking and food front.  So if I don't have to spend hours in a supermarket why would I want to trudge up and down a High Street looking for things I think my family might like - lol.
So taking all that into account, this year, I think I've done quite well.  Number One son and Number One Daughter's Partner each have a 'voucher' for a rather lovely restaurant not far from here.  They have both been there before, loved it and so they can have a meal for their respective ladies and themselves on me.  Might not be a present for keeps but they will certainly enjoy it ....
Here's what their 'vouchers' are in ....
The folders are both A4 Menu size (appropriate don't you think) and are just bare chipboard sheets covered with Chrissie papers.  The one on the left is one of Tim's Tags that I made from last year (haven't made a single one of them this year - shame on me - lol).  Here's the inside with a simple pocket for the 'voucher' and my Penny Black Post Card stamp for the greeting - and all tied together with ribbons ('cos I couldn't get the Bind It All Wires to do what I wanted them to do - lol) ....
Can't say anything about Number One daughter's pressie at the minute.  For someone who thinks she is  grown up because she's a mother of two, she is such a kid about Christmas - lol.  So it wouldn't surprise me if she crept over here to have a rummage - not that she'd find anything - it's in my handbag - lol.  So - will post that another time - 'cos she might even look on here - doubtful - but she might - lol.

No comments: