Sunday 13 November 2011

Are We There Yet ....

with the Wedding Invites that is ....
Well not quite, but I've been working away since yesterday lunch and here's where we're at so far.
I started with this ....
and set to scoring and creasing the actual Invitations ...
A friendly local printer very kindly cut the A3 card to the exact size I wanted 'cos a pound to a penny I'd have cut them crooked - thanks Tony ...
Just look at those lovely creases - loving the Scor-It-All board.  So the actual invites are part way there.  Then I started with the Evening Invites ...
These are some of those - all die cut from a Sizzix Bigz XL die.  I say some - because would you Adam and Eve it - I seriously miscalculated on the amount of base card I needed - lol - maths was never my strong point - lol.
Anyways - we progressed with what we had and therein lies another tale.  Because the base of the invite is card and the 'cover' is a patterned paper of a much lighter weight - you can't just die cut one of card and one of paper 'cos the paper doesn't wrap around the card 'cos of the weight - hope you all follow that - lol.   So there I am cutting each end off the paper die cut and a reel of double sided tape later - we have these (29 so far need another 24) ...
Next was to cut the papers to size for die cutting the rest of the covers for the evening invites and the flower embellishments ...
So - I'm pleased with the progress I've made - as some of you know I was having just a bit of difficulty in getting going with this. 
Anyways - I need a break from all this measuring and cutting so I'm off into the garden for an hour or so - it's a lovely sunny day here.
Then I have to start cutting the panels for the actual Invitations - and I bet I've miscalculated the quantity of papers needed for those too - lol - so the day will end with yet another order to Craft Creations - lol.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Well done with these - they're going to be FAB! And I know how much work goes into this kind of thing because a few months ago I did a set. Takes too much time away from the journal in my opinion .....