Sunday 8 January 2012

Some Christmas Knitting and Felting ....

Back in the mists of time, last November, when I went to the NEC, you may remember I bought the kit for the Giant Blub Bag from the Toft Alpaca Shop.  Over the Christmas break, I knitted it up.  When I'd finished - it looked like this .....
Yikes, I thought - this is not good.  I'm a loose knitter at the best of times and on really humungous 20mm broomstick needles (well a 20mm circular needle actually - which alone cost 12 quid) it looked like an overworked dishcloth.  I was devastated but then I gave myself a talking to and chucked it in the washing machine with my 'felting jeans', an old towel and a tennis ball (have learned not to put trainers in washing machine when felting - they fall apart - lol).
This time, I didn't sit in front of the machine watching it go round and round - after all I wouldn't know how to empty said machine if I wanted to stop it anyway - so I went and did a spot of tidying up in the garden.  When I came back - there was this ....
It's stuffed with microfibre towels here to absorb the moisture keep the shape and the button (nearly five inches in diameter) will be sewn on to the flap when the bag is dry.  There are two problems though - one is that the handle is slightly twisted because I sewed one end on back to front - stupid girl.  It would take a really nosey person to see it though because in the felting and pulling to shape after, most of the twist has gone.  It's only me that knows it's there - oh - and now you - lol.
The other problem is - it's so HAIRY.  When it was dry, I put it on my shoulder to see what it looked like and guess what I had on - a BLACK top - lol.  Apparently, it stops shedding after a while - but when my cold has stopped streaming, I'll give it a bit of a hair cut - lol.
Just love it though - what do you think? .....

No comments: