Thursday 9 August 2012

An Assemblage - Shed No. 82 - Finished ....

So - here it is - eventually with all the little bits and pieces made ...
The whole thing ....
I added the bunting in honour of the great time I've had screaming at the TV at the Olympics.  I really didn't think the Games would grab my attention so much - but having seen that fabulous Opening Ceremony and then sitting watching the Men's Road Race on that first Saturday - I was hooked.  I've seen in the papers and heard on the TV that the question will be 'Who will be the BBC Sports Personality of the Year'  I think ALL of the medal winners - lol - they have been just fantastic.  
Anyways I digress - a sideways on view - 
I don't know if I mentioned before but part of this course involved a Cook's Blow Torch - which rapidly became my favourite toy - then I discovered a Glue Gun - I am so fickle.  I'd never used one of those before  but I was dead impressed - the glue even held the stones firmly on the roof and was ideal for the moss ....
My Assemblage is called Shed No. 82.  My house number is 28 but Mr Holtz doesn't make his plaquettes with that number on - but he does make a number 82 - lol ....
Here's a close up of some 'aged' nuts and bolts and some 'rusted' screws and washers and stuff - all raided from the tool boxes at work ....
Here's what's on the floor.  This is a number of those fibre pots painted and then dry brushed to represent grass stains.  There's also a piece of 'faux leather' with the washing machine springs - to represent a broken seat.  There's also some 'rusted' aluminium mesh and some 'chipped paint' bits to represent the leftovers from various PlaySchool fetes - and yes there are still some odd bits in the real shed - even though my youngest is nearly 26 - lol.  I love the driftwood pieces, which I got from Calico Crafts, along with the moss ....
And here's the Onion - which is made of tissue paper and was brilliant white when I bought the string of three ....
And here's the other side.  A miniature trowel that was lurking in the real shed all 'rusted' with porridge and glue.  Some plant labels given the treatment with the Cook's Blow Torch, a 'porridge rusted' hook with some rusted wire (another purchase from Calico Crafts) and some string; and a chipboard compass stamped with metal letter and number dies (a bargain at £10 from Screwfix) and great for adding a touch of steampunk authenticity.  You just press the dies into the chipboard and when you paint and then dry brush the piece the stamped letters and numbers just 'pop' .....
So there you have it - Shed No. 82.  I've put all the photos on the workshop forum and entered the piece into the final Just For Fun competition.  I've had a great time doing this - despite the gluey porridge in the carpet - lol.  The next Andy Skinner online course - has already started - Altering Bottles - and I've got another new toy - a Dremel with loads of attachments - but I'll post about that another time ......

No comments: