Saturday 4 April 2015

Hello Peeps - I'm Back ....

It's been soooooooooooooooo long since I've been here but so much has changed and happened in my life and crafting has taken a bit of a back seat.  Anyways - that's enough of that and more to the point for here I've recently been doing 'stuff' again.
I did finish the Christmas Village (see the last post), which I called Christmas Lane and it took pride of place in my hall this Christmas just gone.  It looked very pretty with some sparkly battery operated LED lights.  I keep looking at it where it's currently living - upstairs in the craft room (it's a bit too big to fit in the top of the wardrobe) and I'm thinking it would benefit from some little flower pots outside the houses and maybe some people - will have to have a look round on t'internet.  I'll post a photo of the finished article in the next couple of days ....
The current thing is that No. 1 daughter is going to try and arrange for a stall at the grandchildrens' new School Christmas Fete (yes, I know it's only April - lol).  I'm still very much wanting to sell something I make...  
The first thing I've made is these knitted owls.  They're made from King Cole Tinsel chunky yarn with the eyes, feet and beak from a matching or contrasting DK yarn.  They are nice and squishy and everyone who has seen them have ooohed and ahhhed over them.  There's still some more colours to go in the bag - including a lovely emerald green .....
What do you think ....
At the moment I'm knitting Market Bags (string bags really - lol) and 'Pots for Stuff'; and thinking of dressed 5" dolls - but more of that later - promise ...



No comments: