Monday 29 December 2008

Sharing My Christmas .....

It took a long time for the Christmas Spirit to kick in this year. In fact, apart from the couple of bits bought online, everything was done on 22nd December. I hurtled round town for an hour and a half in the morning, went back to the office and did a bit of work and then said "I refuse to join the hoards in the supermarket after work, I'm going now". Two hours later I was back and that was that. When I got home I re-considered the Christmas Tree and thought - No! I had bought this stand and the baubles in November and thought that will do ...... There was no way I was going up in the loft ..... I rang my son and he said not to worry about it, so I didn't anymore - lol ....
These don't live in the loft - but in the top of my wardrobe - just love them .....
Have to show you this one as well - The Gorgeous One's (aka Finley William) Advent Truck ....
I got this in the newsagent round the corner from work. I filled the drawers with chocolate money and the real McCoy. Fin was kind to his nanny - he shared the chocolate .....My son, Matthew arrived Christmas Eve evening, just as I had sat down (isn't it always the way), so I fed and watered him and he shared the thought with me that he thought I was mean not wrapping Fin's large present. So back to the top of the wardrobe and fished out a sack that one of my children had had when they were little - which was just as good as wrapping it up. One little drama over - how many more ..... lol.
After Matt had been sitting around for about an hour - he comes out with "Where's the Christmas Tree?". Little drama no. 2 .....
Christmas morning came. There was the exchange of presents and I have to share with you Matt's present to me. I didn't have it on Christmas morning, it arrived today. His head is full of other things and shopping is not high on his list of priorities. He says to me "Mum, I just don't know what to get you. Tell me what you would really like". So after giving him the Wish List to die for, I said some rubber stamps. He gave up then and wrote down his credit card details and said "Get what you like".
So I'm on the phone to Wendy at The Stamp Attic quicker than you can say rubber - lol. It came to a little bit more than the limit he had set and when I told him he said "You're the best Mum ever, don't worry about it".
Tissues away ladies - please .... lol
Here are my goodies ........Don't you just love him - Wendy wants to borrow him - lol.
After Christmas dinner, we toddled off to see my daughter, Elizabeth and James and the Gorgeous One .......
Here's a photo of him early Christmas morning .... all done in after a hard day at the Office ....And ready to go again - after re-fuelling ........
So Christmas Day came and went. Matt left after a late Boxing Day brunch to collect his new girl friend from Luton Airport and I spent the rest of the day with some more of my favourite men - lol .....
So there you have it - Christmas in West Sussex.
Hope your's was as good - wherever you were ............

No comments: