Saturday 31 January 2009

No Peace for the Wicked ....

Despite having the cold from hell (and just to share - constantly runny nose, streaming eyes, tight head, sore throat etc. etc.) I had to go to Somerset on Thursday with my daughter and the Gorgeous One (they are hardy souls - lol) to see my mother. Despite having to go (which is another story) a small amount of medicinal alcohol with the family dinner, on Thursday night, marked something of an improvement - lol.
However, driving home along the A303 yesterday, my daughter suddenly turns round and says - "you haven't forgotten those three cards you were going to make for me for Sunday have you?" Wiltshire Police did not come out, they were too busy with another axe murderer - lol. So last night I started them and finished them this morning ....The background of the top one is done using the Jumbo Stippling Brush from my friend, Ed (see previous post) and Distress Inks. The letters are from the George and Basic Shapes Cartridge on the Cricut - just love the shadow feature. The soldier and the train are done with the Joys of the Season Cricut Cartridge and I think they are so cute. I got my Cricut machine last year and I just love it. (My daughter loved the third card - for a Ruby Wedding Anniversary - but I didn't, so I haven't posted it).
When I had finished the cards, I went off to do something else and when I came back upstairs, I just had to take a photo of the mess had made - lol ....and the floor ....
Off to tidy up now ....

No comments: