Sunday 8 February 2009

Playing With Beeswax ....

I had a play with Beeswax ages ago when, quite frankly, I didn't have a clue what I was doing - lol - and all attempts were abandoned. Then a few weeks back, I discovered the Suze Weinberg and Milliande videos about it over on You Tube .... and then later that same day my friend Ed and I were chatting online about - guess what - beeswax - how spooky is that - lol.
I bought the Encaustic Stylus with all the attachments, including the flat irons, from my pal Sue (you all know her - she's the one who hasn't got a Blog but should have) and retrieved the Beeswax from the bottom of a cupboard, which I bought from a local bee farm.
So, first thing this morning there I am, in the kitchen, wondering if I would set the house alight - lol. While I was waiting for the wax to melt I made a cup of coffee and when I lifted the lid to see how it was going, I had to take a photo of what was inside - lucky the camera was in the kitchen with me - lol ...I couldn't take that photo again, if I tried ...
I Beeswaxed my TGIF entry this week - for which I was the Guest Designer - in case you missed that little snippet of information - lol) ....What do you think? ....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so interesting what you say about beeswax - it took me a good few attempts to love it too! Of course if I am ever stuck at anything Suze is the reference point! Gorgeous design here and well done on your GD spot. Lol Lynn x

On a Whimsey said...

Nice one!!! Beeswax is very addictive, believe me and I just love how your style can evolve letting the waxes take you to different places.
Keep up the good work!
http://artinthewax.blogspot.com

Fiona said...

I haven't had at beeswax yet - love your art though - so evocative of a by-gone age