Saturday 24 July 2010

The Pain Of The Crafter ...

I am not a happy Crafting Bunny (or any other Bunny for that matter) at the moment - I have grown up Chickenpox - Shingles - would you believe .......
This is not only impacting on my happiness and well-being but also on lots of other people in a most serious way at the moment - you can see how here ....
Anyways - today has been a bit of an odd day - up early and a spurt of energy for tidying up and a bit of cleaning and then asleep for ages and about 6pm I thought 'pull yourself together woman and do something'.  So having being brought up to do what I'm told, I started playing with my Remains of the Day Journal.  Despite not being able to sit in my usual crafting chair for too long at any one time (no - I haven't got it on my backside - lol - it's on my belly), the most comfortable place to work is at the ironing board.
Over the last few days, I had made up the basics of the four signatures that will form the Journal, so tonight I started 'doing up' the first signature.  This seems to be the way forward because after having read the instructions again (and again - and again) about sewing the signatures into the actual Journal cover, I saw that there could be problems if I left that bit 'til later - and more stress and angst I do not need right now - lol ....
Here's some piccies so far ....
Here are Nesties journaling blocks with the lines courtesy of Mrs Vecchi's Dreams of Art plate, a Mr Holtz Journalling Ticket and the first ever fabric flower cut from Mr Holtz' Tattered Florals Alterations Die (and just in case you were wondering it was cut the day I got it - which was yonks ago and not today - lol)
Another Nesties journaling block - the green piece is cut out from the blurb that came with the Council Tax bill.  Not sure yet what is going on the left hand page - but I have a plan forming ....
A Wages Envelope for putting things in ....
The second fabric flower ever cut from the Tattered Florals Alterations Die and a piece of K & Co paper ...
Another journaling block ....
I'm having great fun doing this but I do wish that I could be a tad more 'free' with it - I am too prissy by half  sometimes and at the moment I think that trait is showing - but we will see
I've decided to call this Journal - 'Random' - and it will be for all those random quotes and comments that I hear during the day - from the radio, from things I read or from the people who cross my path.  So this Journal will be ongoing ....
Next week I'm going to make another one ('cos I will have loads of time not going to work with the Shingles and all that) as a Travel Journal.  I found a bag of fabric scraps of bright and summery patterns - that will suit just nicely .....
More again soon ....

1 comment:

papel1 said...

I have had the shingles but thankfully mine was a light case, but boy they hurt. Your handmade journal looks great. Should be fun to fill.
Judy