Sunday 7 November 2010

From the NEC ....

Well not exactly, 'cos I went for my bi-annual visit last Thursday.  I've spent yesterday afternoon and today messing around with my lovely new stash and rather than post a piccie of said purchases, I've actually made things .......
First up, is a new find - Lavinia Stamps.  Now I've seen this range many times before and I'm afraid to say not paid much attention to them.  Then a certain person who lives in the Midlands, (she knows who she is) started talking about them. I had a look on the web site and at the Show saw the most lovely samples on display.  Now I'm not usually a groupie (except for stalking Sue Roddis around the internet - lol) and I'm not a Stamp Tart (OK that's probably not true either - lol) but I just had to make a small (another fib - lol) purchase.  
The end result of playing with a brayer, new Adirondack inks (loving Sunshine Yellow and Citrus) and the lovely stamps are these prototypes ....
The one on the right is Secret Garden, Grass and a diddy Mushroom stamp.  The one on the left is Fairy Houses, Pixies and one of the Leaf stamps.  Even though my hands are a gorgeous shade of yellowy orange, I'm quite pleased with the way these have turned out - brayering and all ....
Here's another one - and definitely a prototype ....
This is made up of the two Fairy Shop stamps.  I say prototype because I couldn't figure out in my head brayering first, stamping and then colouring in; or stamping, colouring and the background.  This shows the sad attempt at the latter option - note the green blobby part halo to the bottom left of the sun/moon.  Still had fun with the Promarkers; and the Sleigh and Reindeer is so dinky (that's from Christmas Miniatures from Clarity - but more of that another time) and why I haven't bought Cut and Dry Pen Nibs before, I will never know ...
Then I picked up these two bare rubber stamps from Stamp Addicts.  Obviously having a bit of a thing about trees at the minute ...
I really like these.  The one on the left is coloured in with Papermania brush pens and a water brush (apart from the Promarker pot) and the berries are with a red glitter gel pen.  For the one on the right, the leaves are painted with Sunshine Yellow Adirondack with a damp paintbrush, the pears with a bronze colour glitter gel pen and the partridge with the brush pens.
Next up is two stamps that I saw and thought 'Got to have me those' and when I looked at them today thought 'Why on earth did I buy those' - lol.  Anyways, onwards and upwards - so here they are.  I'm still not sure about them - but they were quick to do (well would have been if my Graphite Black Brilliance pad wasn't so old or I had black embossing powder - lol - one or two attempts had to be made to get a good image) ...
Still a dab of Promarkers and a touch of glitter gel pen livened them up a bit.
Got to dash - Strictly is on - lol- but will be back, at some stage, with more from the NEC ....

No comments: