Monday 3 January 2011

Take a Look at This ....

Back in the days when we wore T-Shirts and sandals, ate ice cream and the temperature was in double figures, I went to the IKnit Weekender event at the Royal Horticultural Halls in London.  Amongst my purchases were some Merino Wool Tops and a book on wet felting.  This was one of my 'teach myself something new' projects for the Christmas break - which never materialised - the Project, not the break - lol.  Anyways back in November, thinking I would have a go at this over the Christmas, I was trawling the tinternet looking for a bamboo mat (a necessary tool apparently) and I found Gillian's Glad Rags - a felting (and other things wool and yarn) site, so I placed an order, which incidentally arrived the next day - how's that for service.
I've been meaning to post these piccies for a while 'cos I just had to share first off the actual packaging of the parcel - all pink and pretty - even the blokes in the office said Wow - lol ...
Then when you opened it up, these goodies were inside ....
To be fair one of the reasons why I didn't start teaching myself is because these packages look too good to open - lol. So it might be a couple of weeks before I actually have a go - but wil let you know how I get on.
Note to Sue - this does not come within the Austerity Measures - (a) because I already had some of the felting stuff and (b) the order was in November last year - lol.
Austerity Measures?  To see what I'm wittering on about - take a look here ....

2 comments:

Ed said...

hmmm looks interesting ... I tried to post a comment on your last post but computer was playing silly buggers and wouldn't let me. Of course you will be invited to my Friends Only blog when its set up xx HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Great packaging. Amused to hear about your austerity measures. I had a bit of stash for Christmas but am seriously considering not buying anything new this year as I have plenty of stuff to use up.