Monday 28 March 2011

Doing The First Page On a Sneaky Day Off ...

Having been on the go since last Wednesday morning (see here for what I've been up to) until last night, I've sneaked an extra day off work (well I have sooooo much annual leave left to take for this leave year).  Don't get me wrong, I've had a great few days (hugs to Sue and her family and no. 1 son and the lovely Rachel) but  I was exhausted before I started - so I thought why not ....
It's amazing what some quiet 'me' time does for you.  The phone hasn't rung - touch wood it doesn't; there have been no visitors, I've got a plentiful supply of nibbles and caffeine; the sun is streaming in through my window (even though it keeps clouding over).  The result - I feel heaps better. 
Anyways, I digress (again - lol).  I've been playing with the first two pages of my new Art Journal ...
The stamped flowers are from a Paper Artsy Hot Pick set, which are coloured with various Big and Juicy ink pads and Ink Duster Brushes from Inkylicious.  The two other flower images, the ladybird, the bee and the mushrooms are from The Octopode Factory (ordered some more digitial stamp images from Lily, who is 17 years old would you believe, this morning - tut tut - lol) and are all coloured with a very posh set of  Koh-i-Nor water soluble Wax Crayons and a water brush.  The 'leaves' are dictionary pages cut into triangles and also coloured with the Ink Dusters.  The flourishes were stamped in gold ink to give another 'layer'.
I like the page but think it's a little bit too 'precious' - but hey ho - I've had a good time.
Right - off to find some garden words to cut out from a pile of magazines, to finish it off - and then I might start another page - or do something else - that's what's great about sneaky days off - lol ...  

No comments: