Thursday 16 June 2011

A Knitting Mishap ....

I've been a long time away - but I won't bore you with all the excuses 'cos they're the same as usual anyway.  So moving on ....
I'm still knitting - well as much as I can anyway.  Last year, I went to the IKnit Weekender event in London and bought various skeins and balls of yarn.  One of the stands was selling a yarn that knits up into a ruffle type thingy - she had loads of the most beautiful scarves on display.  So nice lady tells me that I need three balls to make a decent length scarf, which I dutifully buy because it would have been rude not to ...
This is the yarn - it's a type of stretchy knitted fabric, about half an inch wide and rather than looping the whole lot around the needles, you knit into the actual fabric - got it - lol .....

That was last summer - and I've only just got the yarn out - lol.  Anyways, there I am knitting away quite happily - the piece is coming along quite nicely and then I get to ball three and would you Adam and Eve it, rather than being edged in white (as the other two were) ball three was edged in a cream colour - well a rather dirty beige actually.
Not in a million was I going to undo what I'd done, so I ended up with this - 
No.l son and the lovely Rachel came last weekend and I showed them - 'What on earth is that - looks like a dishcloth' was the male response.  Even the lovely Rachel was disappointing, because when I put it over my head she said that she quips 'Oooh a headband'.  She then tried to salvage the situation by saying that it looked like a Queen Elizabeth 1 neck ruff.
So - big disappointment and a lack of enthusiam all round then .... Mind you it is lovely and warm ....
Mind you - I've had two nice big parcels delivered recently - if you're lucky I might post piccies of them ....

No comments: