Sunday 4 September 2011

Isn't It Amazing ....

how going back to work quickly takes hold of your life?  I only went back last Tuesday and my Sussex Stay-Cation seems for ever ago.  I haven't been idle in the evenings though - my knitting came out again (I daren't play with the Journals on a work night 'cos I'd never get to bed - lol).  Mind you, I now have another three days off 'cos I was supposed to be off somewhere visiting but that's been cancelled - so methinks I will stay home again for two days - do some work at home and try to get to grips with THE Wedding Invitations (more of that another time).
Anyways - I am now the proud owner of the complete set of Dylusions Spray Inks and, oh my word, they are lovely - the most stunning colours; they don't go all muddy and just disappear into the page, like some inks do, they just sit there and blend quietly and wait for you to plonk a piece of card on the wetness, to make another background; or for you to tip and tilt to make runny patterns; or roll over the lot with a whole kitchen roll.  (I just love doing that to the extent that the patterns made on the kitchen roll are just as lovely as the book and I've kept a few sheets - lol.  I now bulk buy kitchen roll - my pal in the newsagents gets it for me from the cash and carry).
So - here's a couple more pages.  This first one is in the 8"x8" Journal.  One of my 'Notes to Self' in the little Journal was to practice my handwriting, which borders on the illegible.  For someone who does a lot of hand writing in their job, that's a pretty poor admission - sometimes the next day after a meeting, even I can't read the notes I've taken - lol.
Anyways, I digress - I thought I would do a handwritten double page.  Keep it simple, I thought - have lines and write in capital letters.  So I had to get Dyan's Write Between the Lines set didn't I - lol?  Problem is I now need the Birds On A Wire set too - lol.
I thought I would do a sort of list of the ten things that I need and use to make my Journals.  Trouble is there is more than ten - but these will have to do for now.  I'm not happy with the handwriting - even though it's in capital letters.  Some of it slopes backwards (I remember handwriting classes in primary school and the teacher, Miss Wallis, a lovely older lady with a pink rinse, who did not do sloping backwards) and even with Dyan's lines, some of the letters don't touch the top and the bottom of the lines.  I think I used the right pen for the first attempt - the medium Pitt Artist's Pen from the set of four.  Hey-ho - I'm not going to beat myself up over it, I can always do more - as they say practice, practice, practice.  So, after all that, here's the big reveal ...
Rather less painful - for those who have just read all that - and for me - are some pages in the little black Journal ...
Off now to try and find out what the best stuff is to glue cutouts from magazines in yet another Journal I'm doing.  Been using gel medium which (a) takes for ever to dry and (b) on one page has left the print from the reverse side showing through - which is not attractive - lol.  I don't know the difference between gel medium and good old-fashioned PVA - so I'm off to find out ....


1 comment:

Photocat said...

I love your art journaling work. Got all the way down to your knitting passion too... Recognizable. I love knitting aswell. We all are an artsy bunch, even if we don't really admit to ourselves.
Thanks for visiting my blog hop yesterday!