Sunday 11 September 2011

Sunday Afternoons ....

are generally a time, when I flop about doing nothing in particular, trying not to think about the week ahead, which for the next two weeks will be mayhem because young man in office is on his 'olidays - in Cuba - not saying anything more about that - lol.  
Anyways, this morning, I was up with the lark, actually doing some housework (I washed the kitchen floor among other things) and I didn't have to have a sit down all morning - lol.  The room upstairs was tidied up - more because I was tripping over stuff on the floor and the actual working space had reduced from six foot by three foot to about six inches square - and I needed to make a card.  
I sorted out the bits and pieces for the prototype (there are two - very roughly done - and that's an understatement - lol) of THE WEDDING invitations, that will be inspected and approved (or not) by my daughter.
Here, I have to stop and tell you a story - we went to Lingfield yesterday to a florist to check out flowers and stuff for THE WEDDING.  Unfortunately (or not - depending on your point of view), the Craft Barn is there as well.  It would have been so rude not to have gone in there.  Anyways, there we are with shopping basket and daughter is gaily adding to it, when she sees a stamp of a village church - 'OK put it in the basket' says me looking at something completely different and totally distracted.
Later last night, when I was looking at my (very few - honest - lol) purchases, I came to the church stamp.  Took it out of the packet and stamped it out, still a bit distracted (must be an age thing - lol) and started colouring it in - all very nicely with watercolours.  I sat back to admire my handiwork and realised that the things in the foreground of the image were gravestones - lol.  I'm not making the decision whether or not to use it - she can - lol.
Anyways, before I toddle off back upstairs for a bit of a play in the Journals, here's a card I made this afternoon (not made one for ages and ages). My grandchildren's nursery teacher is leaving at the end of the month, so it's for them to say goodbye and thank you to her ....
And finally, to everyone in the United States and to anyone who lost someone on this day, ten years ago, I'm thinking of you ....

1 comment:

LeroyLime said...

oh my GOODNESS, this card is adorable!! I love the puzzle on the card, such a cool idea! If you're looking for a fun creative outlet, come check us out at Hand Stamped Sentiments where we have weekly challenges to help inspire! Have a wonderful fall day!

http://handstampedsentiments.blogspot.com/