Friday 23 March 2012

Birds On A Wire ...

Or rather - birds on the guttering.
While I was messing around earlier changing the blog background and doing the last post, all the windows were open and I could hear tap, tap, tap.  A couple of doors away from me, sitting on the guttering was a pair of starlings (not my favourite birds) doing their thing .... The female was clicking her beak constantly (the tap, tap, tap) and the male was just sitting very close to her; and every now and again they would both puff out their chests and preen each other.  They took no notice of me whatsoever as I was clomping over the gravel in my garden, trying to take a photo.  I watched them for ages - and they're still there ....
Rubbish photo - but here they are - Edward and Vivian - lol ...
It's so quiet - no-one is home and all you can hear is bird song - something you can lose sight of when you're chained to an office all week.  It's absolutely lovely here today in West Sussex.
Here's a piccie of the forsythia - just love the acid sherbert lemon colour ....
Typed this and had some toast and Edward and Vivian are still there - lol ....

No comments: