Monday 17 December 2012

And Then There Was One ... (And a Bit)

I started off the day full of 'I'm going to do this' and 'I'm going to do that' and you know what happens when you have high expectations - you either get let down or things go dramatically wrong.
In my case I did the first two jobs on my list and thought Job No. 3 - putting a Christmas tree up.  The first part was OK - said Christmas tree is in a wardrobe upstairs - so no problem.  The next part was OK too - lights, which are in a small box under the stairs.  It was after that things went downhill.  The rest of the decorations are in a humungous box under the stairs.  So there I am - hunched double, puffing and panting, pulling and tugging to get said box out into the hall.  Then - 
Crash ... One of these which were residing in a cool dark place (cupboard under the stairs) fell to the floor ...
And no - it didn't bounce.  The pudding basin broke and there I am in the kitchen trying to salvage my prized Christmas pudding.  I could have cried.  The basin had two clean breaks but there were bits of china on the outside of the pudding.  So I hacked and sliced getting all the chipped bits off- swearing like a navvy all the while.  Then I thought hey ho - and toddled off to the village shop to get a pot of double cream.  I will eat the remains of this one with lashings of whipped up cream - it had better taste good is all I can say - lol.
Anyways - at least the Tree is up ...
Bad photo - looks much better now it's getting dark and the lights are on - lol.
And I've got my 'Christmas Family' out ....
Off to get fat - ter - lol

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

sorry to hear about the breakages but you know what get the brandy out and mix it with the cream and just look at the tree in the dark and relax...Christmas just gets too stressful for a lot of us so we are having roast beef this Christmas and my husband and I went for our Christmas dinner at morrisons yesterday and it was delicious and I really enjoyed the thought of not having to cook any of it..lol!