Saturday 15 December 2012

Getting Into The Christmas Spirit ...

And about time too, the CEO of the West Midlands Christmas Hub - Mother Christmas aka my Sous Chef, having imparted pearls of wisdom last night, regarding the impending icing of THE CAKE; would say - lol.
Anyways - having decided to take a big chunk of leave from work - spent yesterday shopping. I got all the 'stocking' pressies, some rather delicious looking baking chocolate, a really dinky mini grater, some tights and knickers, a red cabbage to braise ahead of the big day, a new balloon whisk - all the staple things of life - lol.
In the garden centre on the way home, I lost the plot even more and bought these - 
They are all sooooooo cute - the three characters sitting on the bench cost under twenty quid - bargain, I thought, you couldn't make it for that.  Here's a close up of the faces of the three ....
And now the Snowman - love him/her ....
Right, got to stop playing around here and get a move on.  Soon I'll be off to deepest Hampshire for a sleep over at my son's new house, with him and the Lovely Rachel.  I say sleepover - because I don't want to drive home in the dark - it's going to be tough enough driving there - especially as I haven't a clue where I'm going and No. 1 daughter didn't bring the Sat Nav over - lol.  Just think you might not hear from me from a month - I could end up anywhere - but if I can see the sea, then I know I am well and truly lost - lol.
I am so looking forward to this - just getting up from the table and leaving my plate, not helping with the washing up, leaving my shoes right in the doorway, not making the bed, leaving a half opened packet of biscuits under the bed (have a packet of very crumbly shortbread just for this event) and generally acting in a very slobby, untidy and unhelpful manner.  I wonder if my behaviour will ring any bells with him - probably not - but it'll be fun ....

1 comment:

papel1 said...

Enjoy your sleepover and the Holiday season.
Judy