Sunday 3 October 2010

Tattered Florals and Leaves ...

It's rained most of the day - again - so I thought I would make this - this being a wreath made from the Tattered Florals and Leaves Tim Holtz dies ... 
I started yesterday afternoon by drawing round a pasta serving bowl and a cereal bowl then getting the plasters out in readiness to cut the shape out of the greyboard - there was much gnashing of teeth I can tell you and it is right what they say - a blunt knife is more dangerous ....
All fingers in tact and said shape gessoed, I moved on the flowers - here's the first three ...
Lesson learned here - be patient and let things dry.  Dictionary pages were glued to card stock and then die cut.  The shapes were then embossed with various Cuttlebug folders - swirls, circles, swiss dots and paisley.  Then came the fun part - Glimmer Mists.  I have had these for so long and I don't know why but the sprays wouldn't work - so I decanted some (well shaken, of course, into Mini Misters and bingo.  These three also have Vintage Photo Distress Ink added.  Downside - I will now have to get a new pad - this one is all sparkly - lol.
Overnight, I learned the art of patience and let things dry - lol - before moving on to the next step.
This is the finished item (poorly photo - bad light in the kitchen) ...
And here's some close ups.  One sprayed with Glimmer Mists ...
This one sponged with Viva Precious Metal Pint - Blackberry ....
All that needed to be added was a couple of birds, cut from a Nesties die and sponged with Precious Metal Paint - Blue Azure; and random buttons ...
Hope you like it ...

2 comments:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Great work Sue, thanks for the tutorial, will have a go!

Hearing Aids said...

Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!